Sunday, October 21, 2007

Talking about Films

My honey, Vince has this pet peeve about not wanting to know anything about a film before he sees the film. He shuts his eyes, covers his ear, and does the “la la la” when late night talk show guests give a tease of their upcoming movie. We went to see a movie yesterday. Afterwards, while we were having dinner I could tell he really liked the movie. He asked me what I thought of this and what I thought of that. I loved that he liked the movie because I loved the movie.

This afternoon, I started writing what I was going to share with you about The Movie. Half way through the write up Vince called me and I read him what I had written so far. Then asked him, “Do you think this gives away the plot of the movie?” He answered, “Well, anything you write about the movie will give away some of the plot!”

I love him for sharing this thought, because it made me think of an alternative way to share my experience of the film. Here is my memory of the color story told in the film we saw yesterday ...

No comments: